Orange County, CA


FAQ about Ershaghi Immigration Law Center

If you are currently dealing with immigration law, it is not unlikely that you have several questions. To help in the pursuit of answers, a few of the most frequently asked questions have been answered below. It is encouraged that you review them and then take steps towards seeking legal counsel from a knowledgeable and experienced Orange County immigration attorney.

  • If I become a citizen, what are the privileges that I will experience?
    • There are three primary privileges that citizens are able to experience. These include being able to vote in local, state and national elections; having the ability to obtain a passport; and sponsoring relatives in their efforts to become a permanent resident.
  • If I am a student with an F-1 visa, what are the privileges I am eligible for?
    • Those who are living within the country with an F-1 visa are able to enroll as a full-time student at an educational institution, such as a college, university or an academic high school. They may also transfer between schools, travel in and out of the country and bring dependents with them. They may also work either on-campus or off-campus if for purposes of training or for mandatory financial needs.
  • On what terms will a deportation occur?
    • If there is reason to believe that an alien has violated either a criminal law or an immigration law, they will be served with a removal order. Upon this occurring, they will be stripped of their rights to remain within the country.