FAQ about Ershaghi Immigration Law Center
If you are currently dealing with immigration law, it is not unlikely that you have several questions. To help in the pursuit of answers, a few of the most frequently asked questions have been answered below. It is encouraged that you review them and then take steps towards seeking legal counsel from a knowledgeable and experienced Orange County immigration attorney.
- If I become a citizen, what are the privileges that I will experience?
- There are three primary privileges that citizens are able to experience. These include being able to vote in local, state and national elections; having the ability to obtain a passport; and sponsoring relatives in their efforts to become a permanent resident.
- If I am a student with an F-1 visa, what are the privileges I am eligible for?
- Those who are living within the country with an F-1 visa are able to enroll as a full-time student at an educational institution, such as a college, university or an academic high school. They may also transfer between schools, travel in and out of the country and bring dependents with them. They may also work either on-campus or off-campus if for purposes of training or for mandatory financial needs.
- On what terms will a deportation occur?
- If there is reason to believe that an alien has violated either a criminal law or an immigration law, they will be served with a removal order. Upon this occurring, they will be stripped of their rights to remain within the country.